Weisser Distributing is looking to add motivated self-starters to our phenomenal team. Weisser is an amazing, family-based company that is committed to its employees - a fun, fast-paced culture that will leave you feeling motivated to work. We have been ranked for the past three years on the INC 5000 list of fastest growing businesses in the nation. Weisser Distributing is a great place to work; we focus on working efficiently but also having a good time. We are only interested in hiring people that love what they do and love coming to work.
As a Purchasing Assistant you will assist the purchasing team with product research, purchase orders, and day-to-day responsibilities.
Some of the tasks that you’ll perform on a daily basis include, but are not limited to:
- Perform research on new or existing items at the direction of the Purchasing Lead.
- Build the purchasing/outside sales team relationship to handle all outside sales reordering needs as they arise.
- Daily reorders and back orders with outside sales vendors.
- Identify, isolate and price check infrequently purchased SKUs.
- Address invoicing issues, maintain receiving schedules and vendor inquiries.
- Assist in management of slow moving inventory workload.
- Assist with buying show prep work.
Take a look at some qualities we feel are important
- A motivated, self-starter with a passion for getting the best deal possible.
- A team centered mindset that will fit into our company culture.
- Proficient with Windows operating systems, Internet Research, Microsoft Office, especially Excel
- Strong organization and planning skills
- Desire to find a way to the get the job done, especially under adversity
- Ability to introduce new, original ideas about the future of your position, department and the company
- Willing to take full accountability for your own actions and be dedicated to your work
- Confident in your decisions and willing to back them up
-One or more years of purchasing experience
- One year of customer service experience
- Strong computer skills including Excel
This is a Monday through Friday schedule working 40 hours per week between 8 am and 5 pm
A fast-paced and rewarding place to work!